Monday, October 8, 2007

The Bull Temple


We decided to visit the Bull temple the other day. Like all Hindu temples, you need to take off your shoes to enter. Given that sometime you come out to find your shoes missing, Sarah and I took turns going inside. Of course, I was immediately accosted by a "helpful" person offering me a "tour" and commentary. At the end he wanted 500 Rs ( about $13) I said No. He then thought 300 Rs would be "fair" since my country was rich. I said no I would give him 200 (still about $5 and quite generous for what he did). I then said he could have another 200Rs if he gave Sarah a tour, which he did. Hoping she would give him more, he told her that US dollars were good and asked that she give him US dollars. Finding out that none were coming, he shook her hand and left.



No comments: